For a National Commercial General Contractor based in our Richmond office. We are looking for people who are self-starters and are motivated to succeed. With a portfolio of projects ranging from $1 million to $50 million, we are more than 70 people strong, with over 27 employees who have ownership stakes in the firm. At EDC, our company shareholders include leadership, project managers, superintendents, estimators, and administrative personnel.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in theaters, restaurants, self-storage, retail and/or senior living construction. EDC Estimators work closely with the project management team to ensure that projects are priced competitively, include qualified subcontractors, and meet the clients’ time and budget constraints. EDC Estimators’ early involvement in project planning is critical to the overall success of the project.
Estimator Duties and Responsibilities
- Scope of work evaluation
- Quantity takeoff
- Bid preparation and risk assessment
- Analyze and evaluate bid pricing from all vendors
- Provide value engineering
- Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and subcontractors and clients
- May require occasional travel
- Responsible for conceptual, schematic, design development estimates, GMPs, and lump sum bidding
- Coordinate and direct the estimating, and scheduling as they relate to the preconstruction phase of the project
- Conduct preconstruction review meetings
- Participate in meetings with the owner, architect, and engineer including being available to review all aspects of the project and its budget and provide advice and counsel as needed
- Ensure that appropriate quality assurance/quality control processes are established and planned into project models
- Review all drawings and specifications and bring any issues to the attention of the architect
- May perform other duties as necessary or assigned
Estimator Qualifications and Experience
- Three to five years of pertinent construction experience and a college degree in construction, architecture, engineering or related field
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand architectural plans, general contract and subcontract documents, and develop cost estimates
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, Revu, Bluebeam or similar
- Must be able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Must be well organized, have impeccable problem-solving skills, and be able to communicate effectively.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive salary and benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, potential for ownership after five years, life insurance, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) employer match, free health club membership, flexible work hours, travel by private plane, and a generous paid time off package.
EDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer