For a National Commercial General Contractor based in our Richmond office. We are looking for people who are self-starters and are motivated to succeed. At EDC, we are more than 70 people strong, with over 27 employees who have ownership stakes in the firm. Our company shareholders include leadership, project managers, superintendents, estimators, and administrative personnel.
EDC Project Engineers travel regularly to work sites to assist Project Managers with larger projects. Project Engineers work closely with subcontractors and suppliers and all members of the project team. They also assist in the bid process, oversee document management to include managing As-Builts, submittal processing, RFI’s, change orders and closeouts.
Project Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up Contact List in SharePoint
- Prepare Submittal List/Logs – SharePoint (See Submittal Tracking supplement)
- Coordinate submittal requirements with subcontractors and suppliers
- Maintain and update submittal logs
- Coordinate material delivery requirements with Superintendent, Subcontractors and Suppliers
- Initiate, research and track Requests for Information (RFI’s)
- Field questions from subcontractors and suppliers relative to shop drawings and contract requirements
- Ensure the latest Contract Documents are provided to subcontractors and suppliers as directed by the Project Manager
- Participate in jobsite Progress Meetings
- Research and follow-up Proposals as delegated by the Project Manager
- Update Contract Documents with Addenda, Bulletins, Change Orders, RFI’s and ensure they are complete
- Prepare close-out Documents, i.e., Operations and Maintenance Manuals and Warranties
- Participate in development and updating or maintaining of the project schedule as delegated by a Project Manager
Project Engineer Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degrees in, Construction Management, Architecture, or Civil Engineering or related field experience.
- OSHA training preferred
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and architectural drawings
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, BlueBeam, ProCore and various scheduling software
- Experience with Building Information Modeling
- Excellent listening skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
We offer our full-time employees a competitive salary and benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, potential for ownership after five years, life insurance, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) employer match, free health club membership, flexible work hours, travel by private plane, and a generous paid time off package.
EDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer