For a National Commercial General Contractor based in our Richmond office. We are looking for people who are self-starters and are motivated to succeed. With a portfolio of projects ranging from $1 million to $50 million, we are more than 70 people strong, with over 27 employees who have ownership stakes in the firm. Our company shareholders include leadership, project managers, superintendents, estimators, and administrative personnel.
EDC Project Managers lead the project team by providing on-site expertise. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in theaters, restaurants, self-storage, retail and/or senior living construction. Project Managers are in charge of supervising all business aspects of a construction project, including Owner and Architect communication, submittals, procurement, budgeting and scheduling. Project Managers may handle multiple projects. Travel on a regular basis to project sites.
Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with preconstruction department to compile and plan budget, cost estimates, and other financial estimates
- Own all project financials to maintain strict budgets
- Lead with priority on safety for all projects
- Coordinate, plan, and manage schedules for subcontractors and suppliers
- Manage construction project with architect, engineers, and trade workers
- Negotiate and issue all subcontracts
- Order and manage materials and equipment
- Oversee and supervise construction project progress and provide reports on timeline, progress, adjustments, and projections
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
Project Manager Qualifications and Experience
- Qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in construction, architecture, engineering or related field experience and five or more years of relevant experience.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficientlyv
- Able to manage team of employees and multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for best solutions
- In-depth understanding of the construction industry
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project, Timberline and experience with ProCore a plus
- Knowledge of international building code and OSHA
- Able to build solid relationships with team members to include clients and subcontractors
We offer our full-time employees a competitive salary and benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, potential for ownership after five years, life insurance, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) employer match, free health club membership, flexible work hours, travel by private plane, and a generous paid time off package.
EDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer